Today is my 100th post on the blog! Here’s a little trip down blog memory lane of some of my favorite posts. If you are new to the blog or haven’t been reading since the beginning, you can always click the “tag clouds” on the right sidebar for posts related to the categories. And don’t forget about the Recipe tab on top for a list of all the recipes I’ve tried.
Have a great Labor Day weekend, and for the first time on the blog–Hook ‘em Horns!!! It’s football season!!!
(Embarrassing true story of my husband–he dreamed of football this week and sleep talked about it.)
My favorite blog posts:
1. Dallas Bagel Run 10k Race Recap This was my first written race recap of a race in Dallas in May. I ran it with my dad, who is one of the longest Bagel Run runners in its 20+ year history!
2. Splash and Dash Race Recap This was my second recorded race, a swim + run in Sugarland in August. It was my first competitive swim race.
3. Lily wrote for me one day. She is hard at work here. And a great writer.
5. Favorite Breakfast Loaf–Berry Orange Loaf Mmm delicious. I love to bake muffins, cookies and loaves and freeze them. There are always baked things in my freezer.
6. I made tofu for the first time and liked it! More tofu recipes on the recipe page. It’s not that scary, and cleaner than chicken!
7. How to become a morning exerciser. I started a “how to” page with tips for this, and also how to grocery shop once per week, and even how to boil an egg! Check it out.
8. I learned how to experiment with baking in the kitchen and created my own recipe. Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Raisin cookies here.
In addition to the above posts, I traveled and documented it, I tried a lot of new products and wrote about them, I reviewed books, I wrote about Houston restaurants, and I started a local column for CultureMap. (found on my About Me page).
I hope you’ll continue reading as I continue writing! What have your favorite posts been? Have you tried anything I wrote about?
Questions? Leave a note or send me an email!