You know by now that I love a cookie. I am always looking for a better way to eat a cookie, and this is a great way to enjoy the flavor of a classic chocolate chip cookie. When you take the flavors of a cookie, like chocolate chips, flour, and vanilla and pulse them together without eggs, butter or oil, you get a healthy tasting cookie.
These little bites are similar to the bites I’ve made before that are easy to make, no bake, and keep in the freezer for a long time (see below). With ingredients I had at home like nuts, oats, and chocolate chips, these in a blind taste test are equal to the flavors of chocolate chip cookie batter. Promise, husband approved too.
And honestly, you’re eating nuts, oats, and chocolate. How bad can it be? Well add in a little sweetness too.
Cookie Dough Ball Bites
(adapted by Oh She Glows, makes 10)
- 1/2 C unsalted cashews
- 1/4 C old fashioned oats
- 1/4 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 T sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 T plus 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 C chocolate chips
- In a food processor, process oats and cashews until crumbly. Add salt, sugar, flour and process again.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla and process until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and process briefly, but leave them chunky.
- Form into balls with hands, flatten to look more like a cookie. Store in freezer.
Here are a couple other buzz words, just to tell you how these are guiltless and tasty too.
They are raw and vegan (don’t let it scare you.)
They have so few ingredients compared to a log of chocolate chip cookie dough.
They only make 10 so you aren’t left with dozens of cookies.
They stay in the freezer so you can eat one at a time and feel ok about it.
I am already thinking of the fun swaps for this, like peanut butter, dried cranberries, coconut, cocoa, etc.
Similar recipes for nutty ball bites:
- Better Cherry Nut Ball Bites
- Better Cookie Dough Ball Bites
- Cinnamon Raisin Almond Balls
- Cocoa Nut Balls
Are you scared to try raw recipes? What’s your favorite cookie flavor?
Mine will always be chocolate chip.