This week, we are in Week 26. That means we are nearing the end of the second trimester and will be 2/3 (or maybe more) done with pregnancy. That is pretty crazy.
While we are excited for March and looking forward to welcoming a new member, I think it’s still important to take advantage of our three months before the big change. We can get wrapped up in looking ahead– there are days I wish that time would speed up, parts of this I’m ready to end, and things I want to do again (wear regular clothes, sleep on my stomach, eat sushi), but I keep reminding myself that pregnancy too is a special time that I should enjoy while I’m in it.
Here are a few things I’m still looking forward to before D-day:
- The quiet afternoons–I get home from work early, and it’s nice to have time for me and Lily, to exercise if I want, run errands, make dinner, and play on the computer.
- Sleeping late–I used to be an early morning exerciser and would workout and be done by 7 a.m., but nowadays, I sleep until 7. I am really enjoying it.
- Going to the gym together on the weekends. Jeffrey and I frequently go to the gym at the same time on the weekends, but we know eventually, someone will stay home while the other goes, and vice versa.
- Creating a nursery. There is nothing in our house yet, which is on purpose. Sometime in the middle of January, we will start bringing things in that we’ve ordered and start putting things together. I’m looking forward to making the house baby ready, but not yet.
- My baby shower at the beginning of February. It will be really special to celebrate with family and friends, and have family in town from all over.
- The excitement of the end. I think the end of February and early March will be really exciting with lots of anticipation.
- Three final trips. We have three final trips this month–to Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, and Austin. After that, we’re staying put for a long while. We usually travel a lot and get really good at packing light, carrying on, etc. I’m sure next summer’s travels will be very different!
- Spoiling our Lily. Our first born little girl will soon have to scoot over. But until then, we’ll continue to treat her like the only child.
- Turning 28. My birthday is one month from today! I think Jeffrey and I will go to dinner ourselves and celebrate on a quiet night. We will both be 28 when the baby arrives.