I am almost 38 weeks pregnant (!), and hopefully that means the end is near! Our weekends have been very quiet and relaxed, and my weekday afternoons are the same. I have lists going for the house and baby, and all that’s left are some odds and ends.
Here are some things we’ve accomplished that were looming and some left on the list:
- We have finally installed the car seat in one car.
- We washed the two outfits we have and all the blankets and swaddles and sheets. And packed them in a zipper bag so they can stay clean during the move.
- We have been reading our books. I started The Happiest Baby on the Block and Jeffrey has been reading a few chapters from Babywise and The Expectant Father.
- I have somewhat gotten a hospital bag together. I am still wearing the few clothes that fit and that I would pack, so I made a list and printed it. I am also still using toiletries and makeup and can’t pack it yet. That’s good enough for now. I am also hopeful that we would have time to get this together.
- I did my breastfeeding research and bought all I need to last the very beginning except the pump.
- The baby has a hospital packing list too! I have gotten those things together–clothes, hat, Boppy pillow.
- I’ve completed an email announcement list that Jeffrey will use to email our friends and family.
- We’ve also started our mailing list and organized that so we don’t have to do it later.
- I have scheduled a newborn photo session.
What’s left on the list:
- We need more clothes for the beginning, but I don’t want to buy them in green and yellow anymore.
- I would like to finish a photo book of the weekly pregnancy photos and include my shower and some of our trips throughout pregnancy.
- Before arriving home from the hospital, I have requested the stroller, video monitor and pack and play be assembled!
- Do as much for the new house as we can before the baby arrives!
- Make more lists of new house things so I don’t have to think about them after.
Just a few days to go!