Many recipes I see on Pinterest don’t seem user friendly or look a little too outrageous to actually try at home. Do you find that? I created a new pinning board called “recipes I might actually try,” and this was one. It’s a banana bread with very few ingredients, and it has a cinnamon sugar layer in the middle and on top. Delish, right? I thought so.
Easy to make with few dishes and no mixer required, I whipped this up last Friday morning. The bananas made it extra moist without needing oils or too much butter (1/3 C won’t hurt), and it was crisp outside and soft inside. Even Jeffrey ate a little and he doesn’t like banana!
We had family in town for the weekend, and the loaf slowly got nibbled away. Guess you know when it’s good!
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed up
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
For the swirl:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 T cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray cooking spray on a 9×5 loaf pan. and four a loaf pan.
- Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together.
- In a separate bowl, mix baking soda and salt with flour.
- In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 Tbs cinnamon and set aside.
- Combine flour with wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle half, or a little more than half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan. Add the rest of the batter, and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, checking after 45 for done-ness.