Well since it’s about to be a new month, how about a little look back at June. This month was pretty good, I discovered a few things I enjoy, traveled to a new place, and moved into my very first work office (with a door and walls!).
1. I re-discovered swimming! I can’t get enough. Well kind of, last week I swam three days! I am really enjoying it, find myself getting better, swimming longer, and not putzing with my goggles every lap. Little improvements…
2. I broke up with running. Why fight it, I’m just not that into it right now. When the weather gets cooler, I’m sure I’ll want to run again. But for now, it’s just not appealing. It’s hard to breathe and miserable outside with the humidity. And I found swimming!
3. I went on a bike ride. This is a big deal since I am previously scared of the bicycle. Now I want to move to a remote area, buy a bike, and train for a triathlon. Where did that come from? Since I will not be moving, I won’t be buying a bike, leaving me one leg short of a tri.
4. I went sledding in June. Aspen, CO was a beautiful city. I want to go back for long periods of time every summer.
For someone who isn’t training for a race like I was last year, I had a pretty active June. All of these activities were mixed with two days of CrossFit each week and a lot of walking around the Rice Loop or on the treadmill.
5. I cooked some great things for other people, like this Banana Bread. Also some summer salads too!
What did you love about June?